Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Where can i find a psu for my Compaq SR1430NX

• Please log in to reply

Dan1887

Dan1887

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Alright I have upgraded tons of stuff on my pc, i currently have 2 sata drives, 2 ide drives(a dvd rw drive and a cd rom drive), 4 sticks of ram, a pci express, onboard audio and lan, case fan and processor fan, a p4 cpu, new mobo other then stock oem mobo all running off a 250 watt psu. I have wanted to change my psu for a long time here is the problem. My mobo is a microatx, so i believe my psu is micro atx and i cannot find a microatx psu over 250 watts. However i recently looked at the side of my psu and saw the word atx instead of micro atx. So if someone could tell me if i can use an atx power supply that would be perfect. The computer is a compaq pressario SR1430NX

Thanxs for ur help

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Open up your side cover and take some measurements on your power supply. Most compaq's built in the last couple of years use standard ATX power supplies.

I have found this power supply is slightly smaller than the normal ATX PS's. ou may need one a bit more powerful.

http://www.thermalta...970/w006970.asp

Heres more power.

http://www.thermalta...02/w0101102.asp

SRX660

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
According to Google, this model uses a standard power supply unit, therefore these are available from pretty much every PC outlet.