Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Buttons Display & Others Malfunctions

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
For some time now I have been experiencing problems with a lot of my button displays (Red X), can't display pages nor access them.
I was told it could be Java and the version I am using, 1.5.0 I think.
I have tried Tools, Internet Options, Security settings and about all associated with Internet Options to no avail.
One other problem I am experienceing is a very. very slow IE6, 6.0.2800.1106. For this I have several computer restores and the problem still exists. My ISP, Uphi.net, has allowed 1meg up/down speeds. Accessing IE6 internet pages used to be extremely fast. Not any more.
I would be very appreciative if someone could help me solve these problems.
In advance, thanks for your response and help.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
First problem, download the following jvm, as MS no longer supports its version

Second problem, this is often associated with spywware...I would suggest a visit to the malware forum