Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CD Drive Wont Read Certain Games

• Please log in to reply

puters r a pain

puters r a pain

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I just recently bought Guild Wars Nightfall and Oblivion for my computer. When i place the games in the CD drive my computer doesnt read it at all and the CD drive appears empty when i open it. Every other CD I place in the CD drive work just fine including music, the original Guild Wars, and all of my other games. It is a Memorex 52x CD RW drive.

Edited by puters r a pain, 27 October 2006 - 12:32 PM.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
These new games aren't by chance in DVD format, are they?

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Hey puters r a pain

If they are DVD's you have to buy new CD rom

check if there are any scraches or marks on the cd

Note: Most games these days are on DVD you might want to get a DVD rom

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Oblivion comes on a DVD so you'll need a DVD drive to be able to read the disk. You can get internal drives that are fitted inside the PC just like your existing CD drive or you could get an external drive which just plugs into a USB port.

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
As of now, All new computer games that just came out or coming out soon is on DVD. You can actually buy a DVD drive for like $40.