Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD on XP Installation

• Please log in to reply

deathninja

deathninja

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hail travelers!

This be my problem,

Doing a fresh XP install on a Toshiba M45 lappy.

Let me preface my problem with this as I think its applicable : I have the most current BIOS and have been running it since it came out. The BIOS is not the problem.

Formatting (non quick) drive went fine, installing setup files went fine.

Thinking the drive might be bad I yanked it and replaced it with another drive.

The following happens on either drive.

Right after I enter my name is the Windows Setup I get the following BSOD (or the system will reboot)

The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor or visit htt://www.hardware-update.com for an updated BIOS. If you are unable to obtain an updated BIOS or the latest BIOS supplied by your vendor is not ACPI complnat, you can turn off the ACPI mode during test mode setup. To do this, simply press the F7 key when you are prompted to install storage drivers. The system will not notify you that the F7 key was pressed - it will silently disable ACPI and allow you to continue your installatiom.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x00000011, 0x00000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000 )

Im thinking failed powersupply.

Any other thoughts? Please no references to MS bulletins

Advertisements