Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows wont start due to System error lssas.exe

• Please log in to reply

Itjustwontwork

Itjustwontwork

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I have problem with my laptop. Everytime i try and start windows a box comes up saying

lssas.exe - System Error
Object Name not found

I now have no other option but to press ok at this box, the computer then re boots and it starts all over again.
Has anyone any notion of what is causing this? Would it be possible to repair it myself or would this be an issue that'll take me to the repair shop.
thanks for any help with this..

Advertisements

deathninja

deathninja

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Depends,

That can be a tricky problem.

On one hand it could be a Windows system process that has failed, but it may also be a virus (they use the L I trick to make it look the same)

Does it do it in Safe mode?

In either event, if you have your data backed up just format and start over. That will cure the problem.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
your can repair it by using your xp cd it has a repair feature

Edited by rushin1nd, 27 October 2006 - 01:33 PM.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I think you need a bit more information. You probably have a virus as it is seldom that the lssas. exe file becomes corrupt.

Process name: Local security authentication server
Product: Windows
Company: Microsoft
File: lsass.exe
Security Rating:

"lsass.exe" is the Local Security Authentication Server. It verifies the validity of user logons to your PC/Server. It generates the process responsible for authenticating users for the Winlogon service. This process is performed by using authentication packages such as the default Msgina.dll. If authentication is successful, Lsass generates the user's access token, which is used to launch the initial shell. Other processes that the user initiates inherit this token. More info

Note: The lsass.exe file is located in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. In other cases, lsass.exe is a virus, spyware, trojan or worm!

Virus with same name:
W32.Nimos.Worm - Symantec Corporation
W32.Sasser.E.Worm (Lsasss.exe) - McAfee
W32.HLLW.Lovgate.C@mm - Symantec Corporation

Heres Microsofts fix.

http://www.microsoft...er_printxp.mspx

And a removal tool from Norton's.

http://www.symantec....-050114-1706-99

SRX660