Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem at start up.

• Please log in to reply

crazyivan2

crazyivan2

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
when i start or restart my pc i get this error mmessage
MACE service
can not connect to ACE runtime error.
any1 out there know how to fix it or atleast what it is.
i think it might have to do with my ATI graphics card.
Thanks.

Advertisements

crazyivan2

crazyivan2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
well if some1 cant answer me at least point me in the right direction. if u need more info il tell u.
im not tryin to be rude, u guys helped me with a dialer prob i had a while back.
thanx

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
We need to know more about your computer...make /model ...when the problem started ...did you install any software or hardware recently....the more info you give will give us something to work with ...

crazyivan2

crazyivan2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
i have a dell xps 400, intel pentium d 2.8 ghz. it has an ATI x600 graphics card. i dont remmember when it started , i think it was a month ago. i already defagged and ran chkdsk. also used registry mechanic.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
the first thing to try is system restore...go back at least 1 and a half months ago...be sure your past when the problem started

Edited by happyrck, 10 November 2006 - 07:28 AM.

crazyivan2

crazyivan2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
tryed it , it didnt work, also reinstalled catalast
thanks for the effort man.

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
A quick google search reveals that MACE is Managed Access to Catalyst Evironment, so it has to do with your ATI drivers accessing the internet. Check any and all firewall configurations on your computer, including the Windows firewall, and make sure that MACE, or the ACE service, has permission to access the internet.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
fought with my own ATI 9600 ALL IN WONDER video card drivers about 3 years ago...can't remember exactly but I think the solution was I wasn't getting the old drivers uninstalled properly before reinstalling them...heres the link to ATI...look in the troubleshooting or download section for how to uninstall the drivers the right way...there may even be a uninstaller...

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

crazyivan2

crazyivan2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
yep its fixes, i had to manually uninstal and reinstall catalist, thanks bros

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts