Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

where do i go

• Please log in to reply

bobkw

bobkw

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
please see my post here and advise
http://www.techsuppo...8303#post678303

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi bobkw...

Post your problem in this forum...we'll start by assuming this is an operating system problem.

wannabe1

bobkw

bobkw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
am workining on a friends computor. he claims he just turned it on one day and found the missing desktop and toolbars. i have completed the 5 steps
i cannot start explore.exe nor can i access control panel. keep in mind that i only have task manager to work with. when i try to open these the task bar flashes for a second then dissapears.

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Try repairing the windows
http://www.michaelst...pairinstall.htm

bobkw

bobkw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
repair did not work

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Sorry, until you start a seperate thread in this forum we should not advise you, if they are busy or for any reason, it has nothing to do with us, imagine now if you were to say "hey the other forum says X so you are wrong guys" our independence would be compromised.

Edited by fleamailman, 28 October 2006 - 05:43 PM.