Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help with Xp pro deletion from XP home

• Please log in to reply

wolfbane25

wolfbane25

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Alright, So I have Windows Home edition. Its working great, I got my games on there movies songs what have you.

Now all the sudden my mother goes on the family computer and installs XP Pro thinking that it will just upgrade my xp home and make it much more efficient. The next time i get on my comp, my games suddenly dont work at all. and everything is just kinda "off" on my computer, i try downloadin system updates for xp pro to see the problem or anything but nothin seems to work.

so im curious is there anyway i can take off XP pro without having to delete/erase anything on my computer?

and also, whats the real differences between Professional and home edition anyway?

aswell whats the difference between regular pro and pro x64edition?

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If pro was installed through existing home edition, I think it should be listed in Add/Remove Programs (make sure you tick 'show updates' at top), so you can uninstall it from there. failing that, try system restore.

XP Pro/Home differences here: http://www.microsoft...on/compare.mspx

The x64 edition is required only if you have a PC with a 64-bit processor (as opposed to the more common 32-bit ones) and want to benefit from all the enhancements and speed improvements such a system can provide.

Edited by pip22, 28 October 2006 - 06:45 AM.

headwayne

headwayne

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
if this is a "family" computer why is this user being told how to uninstall what Mom installed???