Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Winamp Webradio

• Please log in to reply

Ithandir

Ithandir

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hello, I have been using winamp for quite a while now and I seem to have met a problem I am unable to deal with. When I try to connect to a certain station on shoutcast radio in winamp, it displays the regular "connecting" "buffer XX%" (0 to 100) and o and also of course "ICY 200 OK". with this station, after doing that it begins playing as usual. But, after 2 seconds or so, it begins stopping every quarter a second writing as if its refreshing its buffer - but the buffer is like 2 seconds long and it refreshes up to 4 times per second or even more I can only hear the song completely ripped. any idea as to why this might happen?

Advertisements

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Try upgrading ur Winamp

Ithandir

Ithandir

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Upgraded to the newest version - I even tried different versions of Winamp and it doesn't help - Winamp is such a great player I'm not gonna give up on it I'll fight it till Winamp and Me Win!

Ithandir

Ithandir

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ok, problem solved - there are 2 ways:
1. Install winamp V2.91 which doesn't do this problem at all.
2. I checked out the web radio's website and they had two kinds of streams: one regular, one "firewalled" and the firewalled one works perfectly even on the newest version of Winamp.