Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A Few Computer Problems

• Please log in to reply

fathead161

fathead161

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hey,

I have recently noticed that when i start up my computer there is a "buzzng" noise inside my computer (desktop), and in the initial computer loading stages (when it scans how much ram i have, etc), it says something like "check time/datsun not set" then when i am able to get through to my account, my computer's time is set to 11:30ish, and the date is somewhere in 2001.

The only way for me to have my date/time set correctly without changing it is to constantly turn my computer on/off until the buzzing noise stops (horrible idea, yes). When i turned it on this morning, my led fans were flashing and it seemed that my computer was constantly turning on/off and it was out of my control.

The last problem i have is that my power button in the front doesnt work when i try to turn on my comp, it just allows me to turn it off. I have no idea why.

Please help!!

Advertisements

Dredginator

Dredginator

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
hey, it sounds like you need to replace the BIOS battery on your motherboard. Simple as that. this should fix your problem.
Click me for instructions