Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Pci 2.3 TV card compatablity issue

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
i have puchased an new pci tv card which states on the box its pci 2.3. My computer system is Pci 2.2 so is compatable with 3.3/5V. The i havent attempted to install the card yet but, its appear that the card will fit, its has an extra indent where the metal pins are when compared to my last card.Do you think this card will work in my pc? any useful comments oe facts would be welcomed!

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you might want to go to the card manufactues website ...in the support section...

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
In theory PCI 2.3 cards should work in PCI 2.2 slots because they should be backwards compatible, however this may depend on the card itself as to how it expects to receive any power. Your best bet is the support section on the card manufacturer's website.