Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BF Vietnam uninstall?

• Please log in to reply

lancelot

lancelot

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok iam annuyed and i have broken many small objects due to my frustration, the problem is that i removed all the games coponets in the regedit and program files and removed it from the add/remove programs lisy but my computrer still thinks it is installed so i cant reinstall it, so i thought "maybe i forgot to delete something in the regedit but when i try to go to regedit now through means of "run" it says their is another program is using this file, i have restarted my computer many times and iam about to throw it out the window please help.

Advertisements

lancelot

lancelot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
any suggestions? anyone?.........please?......... :whistling:

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, here is how EA says to manually uninstall bf:v

lancelot

lancelot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i already tried al that but thanks for the reply.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Prefetch is clickable for more information

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, (all files will highlight), right click any file, click delete, confirm

Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up

Reboot

Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run defragmenter

Download, install and run
Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up disc clean up

Run Tune Up registry clean up

Disable the anti virus programme then click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, the screen will lose colour during the process which can take a few minutes and then needs a reboot

Check the anti virus programme is running

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

Click optimize and improve then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Hey lance lot, Welcome to Geeks to Go

Sometimes you will have a file that notifies you game that it is still install even tho none of the files are on there for example COD have a file called COD.ini try finding a file that notifies your game that its installed. such as BFV.ini or BFveitnam.ini or even google it.

Hope this helped.