Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI Mobility Radeon X300 System Crash! Laptop!

• Please log in to reply

darlabbq

darlabbq

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
My Dell Inspiron 6000 has started having a Major System Error Blue Screen then immediately shuts down. Starts back up and says a major system error occured and I send report to Windows and view details. It is caused by a graphics driver I need to update. I try to update, but none are available. I am thinking that it is going to quit on me. It is happening more often now. At first, when I open the laptop after it has been closed for a break or something, the hard drive wakes back up (noises), but the screen won't come back on. Any Ideas? Need any more info?

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
before you try anything ...BACKUP evertything you can't live without.....then try booting in safe mode....then try system restore

MacXP

MacXP

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been having the same problem since I tried to reinstall windows XP on my Inspiron 600m. The same blue screen comes up every time I try to turn my computer back on from the standby mode or sometimes it happens when i just turn the computer on. I temporary resolved the problem by disabling the display driver on the system menu but now i can't use my dvd player nor i can put my computer to sleep.

I tried updating the driver a couple times, didn't work. The problem is with the Mobility Radeon Driver. Any ideas anyone?