Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT Problems

• Please log in to reply

durakus

durakus

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Today I began having problems with my video card.
Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT PCI Express
When I would right click on any video file the screen would go black for a few seconds then come back on.
This only happens with video files or when I access the taskbar menu for Nvidia settings. I was able to find an entry on the support section of Nvidia Answer From Support which didn't make sense to me cause I hadn't changed anything with my setup.
I shrugged it off and began playing an MMO. My screen locked up with lots of strange colored lines and then I got a blue screen and had to reboot.
This now happens every time I try to play my game.
1.I tried updating video drivers to the latest.
2.scanning for viruses and spyware.
3.pulled out video card and cleaned it and my computer out.
4.put card back in making sure it was in snugly.
5. Reformated and reinstalled windows (I was due for it anyway)
6. Made sure it wasn't my monitor and also tried in different resolutions...none worked.

I think I have listed everything but if there is additional info please let me know and i will supply it.
I could really use some help to determine if I need to get a new video card or be able to resolve the problem.

Thank You.

Advertisements

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Your computer is probably overheating. What kind of power supply do you have?

durakus

durakus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
500 watt antec true power