Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows won't boot

• Please log in to reply

AliBunny

AliBunny

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I recently bought a new laptop and was attempting to connect it wirelessly to my desktop so that I could transfer the files and such from the desktop to the laptop. I installed the wireless adaptor software and ran the network setup wizard on the desktop after which it said I needed to restart the computer. Problem is that now windows is getting stuck in the loading screen. It won't start in safe mode and I can't find the CD that came with XP (I inherited the computer from my brother and it is a legal copy of XP). I don't really care that much if the computer never works again I just really need all the files and data from it.

Hope this makes sense...please help!!

Advertisements

AAOROE

AAOROE

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
How far into the boot sequence can it go?

mike

AAOROE

AAOROE

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
How far into the boot sequence can it go?

mike

AliBunny

AliBunny

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
It freezes at the loading screen...with the blue bar rolling across the screen.

AAOROE

AAOROE

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
like i have said in the past...i work better with graphics. if you could somehow get a ss even if it is with a digital camera. it sounds like it could be a very very bad system error or it could be the motherboard. what type of computer do u have

AliBunny

AliBunny

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Honestly I have no idea, like I said it was donated to me by my brother and I don't know it that well.