Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Post OS reinstall problems URGENT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

02rja

02rja

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
Hello, i have just reinstalled windows XP Professional on my main computer but after the reinstall i am stuck.. i havent got any of the CDs for the hardware on my computer, and i cant connect to the internet (on my network) because i havent installed the drivers on for the network card (which i cant)

also very worryingly, i cant access my second harddrive although the device manager says its working properly and i know that is connected because it is listed on startup (and on the harware list) it just doesnt appear under My Computer.

um.. some other info about the drive
labelled X: 160GB
When i reinstalled windows i did it on C only, so X should be intact
Under the device manager it says that the drive is installed and working - the drvers are up to date and there isnt a yellow ? next to is
This drive had all of my data on and i really REALLY could do with not losing it... :blink:

Does anyone know where i can start :whistling:

ps. this computer is another computer, not the one that i have just reinstalled windows on

Thanks

Rollo

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Duplicate here

http://www.geekstogo...s...st&p=822399