Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new problem -.- gaming keyboard

• Please log in to reply

Syztem

Syztem

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
well, after going thru 20 batteries in a month or more i figured its not the best for gaming , btw i used energizer batteries. as you know alot of times gamers dont sleep, well i share my pc with 3-5 others so the batteries get raped, pc is almost never... not being used (dont know if i said that correctly). i looked around the stores online near my house, which are best buy compusa walmart target. basically all they sell are [bleep] WIRELESS! i dont want wireless anymore so it looks like ill have to shop on the internet.
question is which keyboard and mouse do you guys recommend for gaming, something that will last and that is plugged directly into the computer. i dont really need the extra 30 macro's some of these hundred dollar keyboards come with, could you guys recommend anything to us? thanks :whistling:
i have tried the saitek backlit gaming keyboard, the only problem with that keyboard is that its VERY thick and does a toll on the wrist, a bad one. also for the best mouse ive tried was the Logitech Click! optical mouse, but it didnt last very long, dropped it 2 or 3 times and it died. :blink: just letting you guys know some of the stuff i tried if it helps you recommend anything.

TY again for reading!

EDIT: i really wanted to stress that id like something that can take a beating , from your personal experiences -.- im a dork and i drop the mouse decently, ive actually had to put a patch of carpet infront of the door to help break the fall.

Edited by Syztem, 29 October 2006 - 09:33 AM.

Advertisements

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
here's my favs in terms of gaming keyboards

Saitek Eclipse 2
Back lit solid keyboard good tactical feel. U can switch betwee 3 colors blue orange and purple very simple keyboard

G11 or G15 depend on how much $ u wanna drop on it
big with marcros backlit and lcd if u get the g15 expensive but sturdy plugins for every game

Z board
designed for games u have to buy the base board and the overlay for games not really a good everyday keyboard but if you spend most of ur time gaming it might be an option

Microsoft Digital Media Pro (suprisingly)
This thing can take a huge beating........ pounding... droping, smashing... coca cola it's got a nice wrist rest too. very common and cheap good for general purpose.

only the eclipse 2 is truly a plug and play other require installation of drivers. I actuallly think that most microsoft keyboards are pretty good for gaming. The other 1's are expensive and built specifially for gaming.

Syztem

Syztem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
thanks alot man :whistling: btw cool sig bars