Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

clean me...

• Please log in to reply

The One And Only Dan

The One And Only Dan

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
ok, i really want to clean up my computer. can someone help me do that? tell me how to do so please.

ty

Dan

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Need to be a wee bit more specific on what you want 'cleaned up' before someone can give you any help.

Fenor

The One And Only Dan

The One And Only Dan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
ok, so basically my computer is not letting me burn cds. ive burned plenty before and i dont know how all of a sudden i cant. when i use windows media player, ill click burn, and it will say "Burning In Progress" but then 1 more second later, it will just stop.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You say you have burned alot, so I am going to suspect that your cd burner is bad and for you to get another one. I have gone through many cd burners in my day. They are cheap, you can get a good one for about $40USD, so it's not that big a deal.

Fenor

The One And Only Dan

The One And Only Dan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
ok, thank you. er that makes me mad though because its been working fine. i wouldnt say that ive burned ALOT of cds. i burn maybe 5 cds a month at the most. last time i burned a cd was last week to.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You can try going into the DEVICE MANAGER (START-->RUN and type devmgmt.msc and click OK) and right click the drive in question and choose UNINSTALL. Then reboot your computer and let Windows auto-detect and install it.

Fenor

The One And Only Dan

The One And Only Dan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

You can try going into the DEVICE MANAGER (START-->RUN and type devmgmt.msc and click OK) and right click the drive in question and choose UNINSTALL. Then reboot your computer and let Windows auto-detect and install it.

Fenor

theres no "drive in question"

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You mean the drive isn't recognized? Does it show up in MY COMPUTER?

Fenor

The One And Only Dan

The One And Only Dan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
yes i believe so.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Click the + symbol next to DVD/CD-ROM Drives in Device Manager and you will see your drive listed there. Right-click on it and choose UNINSTALL. Then reboot your computer and let windows auto-detect it and install it.

Fenor

The One And Only Dan

The One And Only Dan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
ok i did it...ill see if it works now.

The One And Only Dan

The One And Only Dan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
:whistling: ok so, i dont know whats happening, it will burn other songs, but not the songs i want.