Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Grayscale display

• Please log in to reply

rogermexico

rogermexico

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'd like the display, both in Windows 2000 and XP, in grayscale. I'm not talking that high-contrast theme that's harder on the eyes than color (with the stark and glaring black-and-white), but that muted look XP has just before you log off.

The reason is that I find that after a lot of hours of staring at the screen(s), it's a lot gentler on my eyes. I don't need color blaring at me all the time. A muted look would be much more pleasant while I'm typing and typing and typing. Since this comes up just before you log off, it's gotta be somewhere in XP right?

I've talked to some other people who feel the same way, but I wrote Microsoft and got no reply.

I appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

Advertisements