Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to open links in IE

• Please log in to reply

Bargod

Bargod

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
As of a couple days ago, I am now unable to open links that would open a new window. I have a popup blocker installed through Google Toolbar, but it is set to allow popups on the sites I have tried. Also, the windows popup blocker would come up and I told it to allow popups too. I am running XP and IE6, any suggestions?

Advertisements

wf4

wf4

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hello,

Have you tried disabling the toolbar completely?
Have you installed any security programmes recently?

Will.

Bargod

Bargod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
No new programs have been installed and I actually uninstalled the toolbar completely. Still have the problem. I then tried turning the popup blocker in Windows off and it still says there is a popup blocker on the system. I have AVG as my antivirus and Filsecab for my friewall and I also checked both of them to make sure that they don't have some sort of blocker.

wf4

wf4

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Try reseting your browser security to default, sometimes programs like that can change your settings!
when you uninstall them they will not be reverted back which could leave you with the problem.

Hope this helps

Will.

Bargod

Bargod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
No luck with that either. Thanks for the suggestions so far, this is getting to be a real pain. BTW, I just found out that this is an IE problem. It is not recreated in Firefox.

Edited by Bargod, 30 October 2006 - 03:35 AM.

wf4

wf4

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
IE 7 has been released now, have you considered installing that to try instead?

I am still thinking that this could still be an incorrect setting.... Lets hope that's all it is!

Will.