Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gmail in vista

• Please log in to reply

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
I have enjoyed vista since beta 2 and with the latest release RC2 there really isn't anything that i don't like. Except for the tiny problems of slow loading of gmail in vista. I have reported the bug. At first i thought that it was an IE7 issue but i tried ff2.0 and it's still slow. It takes a full 30 sec for gmail to respond in the browser instead of the lagfree operation in xp.
Any 1 having the same problems?

Advertisements

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
What the actual main page or the E-Mail page itself?

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Gmail for me is very fast and loads up instantly.

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
oh well it loads instantly but if i click on a link like my mailbox it takes a while for it to respond as if it was accessing my HD or something

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Instant page loads for me on Vista RC2, sounds like a browser/firewall setting, doesnt seem to be vista related. Could also be Google side rather than a problem your end.

Edited by warriorscot, 29 October 2006 - 05:06 PM.

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Well the whole GMail page and everything in it loads almost instantly on my Internet Explorer 7.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
I'm still using IE6 & XP, and GMail load times vary a great deal, from instant results to "might as well get a cup of coffee" wait time. I suspect it has more to do with the GMail side of things than the configurations we are retrieving the page with.
Johanna

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

I'm still using IE6 & XP, and GMail load times vary a great deal, from instant results to "might as well get a cup of coffee" wait time. I suspect it has more to do with the GMail side of things than the configurations we are retrieving the page with.
Johanna

Could well be, although I always have it automatically load up, but what you are saying is probably correct because I very rarely use GMail web Mail and have my Outlook set up to recieve and send mail from GMail

Edited by CJIS, 31 October 2006 - 09:58 AM.