Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SEVERE INTERNET ISSUE

• Please log in to reply

alexpaolella

alexpaolella

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, I'm having severe issues with one particular website. www.unshadowed.com is a website that does web hosting for three other sites that I have designed and built. Whenever I try to go to any of these websites, I get the page cannot be displayed error. I've called tech support three times and nothing works... I need this website, as it is the host server to the websites of my business. PLEASE HELP ME. PLEASE.

cannot access the following:
HOST:
WWW.UNSHADOWED.COM

SITES IT HOSTS:
PXOLELLADESIGN.COM
HOMETEAMCLOTHING.COM
ASUNDIAL.COM
MOXEYROCK.COM

Advertisements

Neodude103

Neodude103

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Your barking up the wrong forum, this forum is for personal computer problems and discussions.

However being a server administrator myself, if that is the only website that you have that problem with, it can be of two problems.

1. The server is down.
Or 2. The server banned you.

You could also try clearing your cache and/or flush your DNS. Another reason could be that the website is still resolving if you changed the name servers for the domain within the past couple of hours.

Try visiting your website via an anonymous proxy like anonymouse.org and see if that works.

Edited by Neodude103, 29 October 2006 - 05:22 PM.

alexpaolella

alexpaolella

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Holy sh... I'm being blocked by the website. It worked via Anonymouse. I can't belive it. What do I do to have my IP (?) or whatever unblocked?? Thanks so much, man, you just total revealed what's wrong.

Neodude103

Neodude103

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
What kind of server is it? Do you have root access? If you aren't the administrator of the server, ask your provider or your administrator to unban your ip. You can find your ip by going to my favorite place :whistling: www.ipchicken.com

alexpaolella

alexpaolella

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
It's a public? server I guess you'd say? And root access... idk. It's a website that hosts websites. I just log in via an FTP manager and update my sites. Hopefully I'll get an email to him. Could I get Comcast to unban me? Or can only the webmaster of Unshadowed do that?

Neodude103

Neodude103

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Most likely the server banned you because you had too many connections to the server, or you were intentionally banned from the server. If you tell the webmaster of that website your problem, I'm sure that if he can't unban you, he will have his provider look into it, as it doesn't take a whole lot of effort to unban somebody.

alexpaolella

alexpaolella

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Fantastic. Thanks so much, man!!! I'm so glad to have found out the problem!!!!

Neodude103

Neodude103

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Glad I could help :whistling: