Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I need help

• Please log in to reply

revenga

revenga

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi My ad-aware se personal is picking trojen viruses but it said that they could only be deleted after system reboot. so i restart my computer and run another scan. but if i restart my computer later and scan again they show up again. How can i get rid of them permanently? Please help me.

Advertisements

Neodude103

Neodude103

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi,

Usually when that happens, it means that the trojan is a running process, so ad-aware can't remove a running process, try running ad-aware in safe mode, since no non-essential processes run you should be able to remove it this way.

Otherwise I would recommend that you get a virus scanner if ad-aware is saying you have trojans. There are a bunch of free online scanners out there, one's I would recommend include scanners from panda soft and trend micro.

I would also recommend that you download AVG Antivirus if you don't want to spend any money for an antivirus program and download the free version of zonealarm firewall. That combination should give you an almost perfect computer.

revenga

revenga

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
When I tryed to restart my computer in safe mode the screen went black and said "Alert system batter voltage is low" I have no idea what that means. Also it gave me the option to press f1 or f2. It told me to press f2 to go to some kind of system option. I looked at what it said when i pressed f2 and i didnt want to mess with the settings untill i knew what to do.

revenga

revenga

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I got my computer in safe mode, and I ran ad-aware se, ewido, and spy bot an I got a few different viruses and got rid of them. But when i restarted my computer normally I ran ad-aware Again and I still found 2 traces(less than before).

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) then post a hijackthis log in THE MALWARE FORUM forum.
(Posting HiJack This logs in any other forum other than the malware forum is forbidden. If you post an HJT log in any other forum, it will be removed and it will take you longer to get help, so please make sure you only post HJT logs in the malware forum)

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.