Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant open any files or shortcuts

• Please log in to reply

ApocalypticVision

ApocalypticVision

• Pip
  • 1 posts
not sure what exactly to ask so ill just say what i see... well, all my programs and icons arent working. like when you download a file and you dont have a program to run the file, its just blank and has .Ink at the end of it. at first i thought it had something to do with the program that displays the icon for you. what do i need to do? is there another program i can use to make the shortcuts and programs run again?

update: so i cant run any files (except mp3s, internet explorer and winamp) even if i download a new program to try and restore the problem. [bleep], im [bleep]ed.

INK is the file extension for the Pantone reference fills file associated with CorelDRAW

i think that CorelDRAW is what makes icons work. i tried looking for it on my pc and couldnt find it.

does anyone have this file on there pc and is willing to send it to me by email?

Edited by ApocalypticVision, 18 October 2005 - 03:43 AM.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Hello and Welcome to Geeks To Go

An easy fix for this would be to go
Start < run and type sfc /scannow this will give a blue bar when it goes reboot. This needs the Windows Xp CD so have that in you computer beforeyou start. This will fix all corrupt or missing files belonging to Windows.

Hope this helps.

JoJoTime

JoJoTime

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
This issue has already been posted here:
http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=72224
All of my .exe files have turned into .lnk which is also known as .ink.
Except I never have installed Coral Draw
Also, the reply that Michael had typed did not solve anything.
I cannot run most of my .exe programs.

An easy fix for this would be to go
Start < run and type sfc /scannow this will give a blue bar when it goes reboot. This needs the Windows Xp CD so have that in you computer beforeyou start. This will fix all corrupt or missing files belonging to Windows.

All what pops up is:
Posted Image

But replacing 'CONFIG.SYS' with 'sfc.exe'.

P.S. This IS NOT the first time this has happened, it has occured numerously and i've had to reformat Windows each time.

At first I thought it was a virus.

PLEASE REPLY ASAP !!!!

Edited by JoJoTime, 30 October 2006 - 02:59 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I have megered your topics. Please don't open additional topics for this thread.

It appears that your system is to damaged to run scansfc. What I would recomend is running an xp repair.

We have an excellent guide.