Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

USB not recognized

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
In the past I have uploaded pictures from a DXG 568 digital camera to my XP computer. Went to do it again & computer only says "unable to read disk A:". Went to "my computer" & it shows no USB drive/peripheral. Tried to install again but nothing changed. Alos powered down computer again & up but didn't recognize additional hardware device. Any ideas?

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
USB Does NOT like to share it's IRQ with another device especially when the user is employing sophisticated USB peripherals. Even though Windows may report NO conflict, if USB is sharing its IRQ with another system peripheral, (i.e. video, sound, SCSI etc.), that is often the source of the problem. (IRQ Holder for PCI Steering is NOT considered another device)

sooo...try unpluging anything usb...including hubs if you have one ...plug in the camera ....reboot...does it work now..

Edited by happyrck, 01 November 2006 - 08:57 AM.