Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton Partition Magic 8.0

• Please log in to reply

Possible

Possible

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
I have a drive E: which has no data and is about 7.8MB in size. I would like to remove that drive and have the 7.8MB of space be put on the C: drive, is this possible? Do I delete the E drive and it should work or do i have to do something else first. Hope that made sense

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Provided the partitions 'C' and 'E' are on the same physical hard disk and are also contiguous (ie next to each other-- PM will verify this) you can use PM to 'Merge' them both together. If they aren't next to each other you can't do that.

Alternatively, you could simply delete the 'E' partition in Windows Control Panel so that you don't see it as a drive anymore in Windows Explorer, but that would not free up the space to use elsewhere. Frankly, since it's only 7.8Mb, that would be the simplest option. Just delete it. You're not losing much, certainly not enough to worry about and not enough to make merging it worthwhile.

Edited by pip22, 31 October 2006 - 04:51 AM.

Joshy J

Joshy J

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Well, you could do that. But even though 7.8 mb is hardly worth the effort, you could use the resize command to append the free space to C:. You could alternatively try the, after deleting E:, "Reclaim Free Space" command. The only reason I would do that is becuase I'm a perfectionist, but othewise, just ignore it, as said above.

Edited by Joshy J, 31 October 2006 - 05:29 AM.