Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

USB PCI card

• Please log in to reply

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hi,

I'm upgrading my computer(which is quite old) with a new motherboard,processor, the whole package.(Like a custom computer) I want to add a USB PCI card so I can plug in USB devices(My iPod,etc) Could any of you recommend any USB PCI cards you know to work well?

Thanks!!

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
'Belkin' is the probably the biggest name in USB 2.0 PCI cards. Mine works flawlessly. Note, if running Windows XP with either SP1 or SP2, you don't need to install the supplied driver software. Windows will recognise the new USB ports as being 'enhanced' (USB 2.0 in other words).

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Thanks, I think I will probably go with Belkin.

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Generally, any new motherboard will come with at least 4 USB ports, and most cases come with an extra two-four mounted on the front of the case, minimizing the need for an extra card.

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hm... I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip!