Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

iTunes...New update seems choppy!

• Please log in to reply

zetakappa700

zetakappa700

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Any ideas on why my new updated verion of iTunes would be choppy? It almost seems like i'm out of ram...but I have a 1 gig of ram. Any ideas on how I could free up some ram to make this program run smoother? The older version ran just fine.

~Steve A

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. I'm sure you can find a way to lose some of the wasted RAM space... Do you have instant messangers running? Music programs? Anything of that nature?

zetakappa700

zetakappa700

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
What about removing programs from startup? Also, my task bar (were the clock is) has many icons that I rarely use, how do I remove them? Lasty, how big of a waste of resourses are unused desktop icons?

~SteveA