Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wirless Internet Stopped Working!

• Please log in to reply

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Please i really need help, my laptop wireless internet has stopped working, i used it in the university since i bought it, the computer is almost new, what can be my problem? please advise.

Advertisements

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Forget it i fixed the problem already by myself, i was very dissapointed with you guys, you were very slow, no one even saw my tread, thanks anyways

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Keep in mind time zones, as well as the fact that everyone's busy in a different way. There's tons of you guys, it's hard to assist everyone in a timely fashion. Glad you fixed it yourself anyway :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
also...as a note...we're all volunteers...none of us get paid to help here...we do this because we like to...we're also one of the busiest tech forums around (and the best IMO)...it's unfortunate that you weren't helped in the time frame that you expected...but you have to take into consideration the variables mentioned above...

if you'd like to post what the problem/solution turned out to be so that you might help someone else who ends up with the same problem...that would be great too

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Ok, sorry guys I really needed internet so I felt bad but I fixed it in time. I am new to the laptop world, the problem was that my computer used to connect to the internet automatically in the university and it suddenly stop, the solution was that I pressed by mistake the button that looks like this: (((o))) And that turned off the wireless internet, then when I turned it on I did a repair and that fixed the problem, I wanted to put the computer to sleep and by mistake I pressed the wrong button, that’s all. Hope this will help you out some how.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
You'd be suprised how many people don't even realize they have a button for the wireless adapter :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
or a hardware switch....one of the "big wigs" at work kept telling me his wireless wouldn't work..but i couldn't find a reason....untill i looked down and saw a little switch...with no labels....that was the hardware switch for the wireless NIC...stinking toshiba

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Yeah, but believe me once you learn you’ll never forget. lol