Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Did Nero do this?

• Please log in to reply

periwinkle

periwinkle

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
I don't know if I did this or if Nero did this. I had been trying to make sure my hardware was accelerated (and it is), but then I noticed that my CD/DVD burner is suddenly listed as a VOBID Instant Drive CD SCSI CdRom Device. In fact, in Computer Management, it shows I have two NeroImageDrive2 SCSI CdRom Devices, a CD-ROM Drive, OEM CD-ROM F564E, and this VOBID Drive, when in fact, all I have are two CD/DVD drives. One is the player and the other is the burner.

There is most definitely a problem, since when I last tried to burn a CD, Nero (or the burner drive) crashed my computer at least 2 times. Then Roxio crashed it, trying to burn a CD, and finally Windows Media player crashed the computer, trying to burn a CD. Nero crashed it first by trying to burn the CD, and later just by opening the application.

When I enter Computer Management and choose troubleshoot to enable the so-called VOBID drive (my burner driver), it can't enable it. What do I do?

The drive seems to be completely bad, but I can't tell for sure. The first time it crashed, I was just trying to make a CD with a few songs on it. Then I opened something else and I don't remember what it was, but I heard this awful noise, as if it was too much for the computer, and I had to turn off the speakers. It was as if the computer got confused, then I saw a message about it doing a memory dump to save my computer. I got a blue screen. This was very scary!!!

Would doing a System Restore take me back in time before I suddenly had a VOBID drive? I'm fairly certain this is the problem. I think I may have changed something in the settings somewhere in the computer and then I suddenly had this VOBID drive that I'd never had before. I think I'm supposed to have IDE, not SCSI.

Advertisements