Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can't launch IE or windows explorer.exe, help!

• Please log in to reply

icanspelltree

icanspelltree

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I can't seem to launch Internet explorer, or regular windows explorer, i am currently having to use task manager to launch any programs. It seems as though everything but these two programs will run. I have tried typing in, and browsing to the different programs using the "new task" command in task manager, but that also doesn't work.
I can't seem to target the problem. I have been trying to find out if it's a worm or virus by scanning my computer with McAffe, ad-aware, and another program which i forgot it's name.
I recently updated my Firefox browser to the newest version (2.0) and soon after my computer started this.
When I start my computer it sometimes flashes the start bar at the bottom of the screen, but it quickly disappears. Sometimes when I try to launch explorer by using the task manager it will flash, but then also goes away very quickly.
This is really starting to get to me. I don't have a back up copy of my OS, which also sucks, so I'm trying to see if anybody can give me a hand. Have any ideas?

Advertisements