Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE won't open certain pages

• Please log in to reply

pragmatica

pragmatica

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently cleaned my registry and now IE won't open hotmail.com, Yahoo Mail or any Windows Updates sites. There's probably more, but those are the ones I've noticed. Also, if one goes to Livejournal.com, one will find that submenus appear when the mouse goes over the first menu. It doesn't do that for me.

Windows explorer also won't open anything other than My Computer. No control Panel, no Local Disk, nothing.

It seems like a specific, random problem, but can anyone point me in the right direction?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
How did you "clean" your registry? If you used something like RegSeeker, I hope you saved all registry information before cleaning. If you did, try opening utility you used to clean registry and find out if you can restore your registry.

Other that that, try using ME's System Restore and restore your pc to an earlier date to see if it clears up your problems.

Ron