Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help my computer tend to freeze

• Please log in to reply

rustyxb

rustyxb

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
HI
my computer is a compaq presario s3270AN with 512mb ram and a athlon xp 2800+
after i have used a program such as Avast antivirus and someother ones my computer freezes kinda well not completely i can still open the start menu and my computer but it wont open any programs or shut down. i have scanned for spyware and virus but still hasnt fixed it also modzilla also has started to play up but i dont know if this has anything to do with it but itt comes up with stopped in the bottom left corner and doesnt load any pages
cheers

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
defrag?

rustyxb

rustyxb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
i defraged my hard drive not long ago and i just ran windows disk defragmenter and it told i didnt need to defrag is tis any thing else it could be?
cheers

Edited by rustyxb, 01 November 2006 - 12:55 AM.