Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help! I can't view graphics and pics!

• Please log in to reply

LilJuicedCoupe

LilJuicedCoupe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The font/background/pictures are appearing strange like when it operates in "Safe" mode. It wouldn't start up yesterday morning. It was just kinda stuck on the windows screen. You know the one with the colored flag looking thing that reads "Microsoft WINDOWS 98". I had to attempt start up about 6 times before it actually started completely. The icons on the desktop are now larger than before and the text font is a different style too. Pictues, backgrounds, pretty much everything is lacking full color. Things look almost plaid. The color isn't completely filling in the item or graphic. However, the colors on the games that are on the hard drive (like free cell) all look normal. The programs like "Microsoft Word", "Outlook Express" all seem normal. Even the tool bars on my internet explorer browser appear fine. It's just the backgrounds, graphics, and pictures that are lacking color or colors.

P.S. I took the cover off the tower and vacuumed it out. It had some dust in there but it wasn't much.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Check your display settings in control panel. It's the resolution and/or colour-depth you need to check. Depending on the size of your monitor, you need to have a resolution of 1024x768 or higher, and 16-bit (high colour) or higher.

If neither can be altered, probably means your video-driver has corrupted and needs to be re-installed.

G3NERAL

G3NERAL

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
it might be your video card, one of my friends ahd the same problem
is your video card and on or off board video card