Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe & c-dilla - Malware, possible spyware...

• Please log in to reply

robotarchie

robotarchie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

Elements (1) of Adobe CS2 install C-dilla (2) without telling you that it is doing so.

On two machines I have had the c-dilla software fight with my firewall, disable my antivirus (nortons) and disable the cd rom & or DVD rom. It doesn't seem to like methlabs peer guardian either.

The c-dilla software has also disabled my legitamite copies of Adobe software (while ignoring the one piece of illigitimite Adobe software I installed to test it).

Uninstalling c-dilla from add/remove apps does not work as it installs spray fashion and is designed to be problematic in removal. On my laptop I had to format the HD to remove the f****r. Adobe admit to installing the software in some news articles but are very quiet about it on their website.

I wouldn't care but this software seems to attack other pieces of software on my system such as demon tools, recordnow, norton antivirus, Kerio firewall (which is a crap firewall anyway as it is no where near as configurable as sygate for example).

Can anyone tell me how to disabe the c-dilla and still allow me to run (my legal copies) of Illustrator, photoshop and acrobat exchange?

It seems that to run adopbe software that I have purchased adobe are now dictating what I amallowed to install onto my computer.

Thanks

Robotarchie

1. Either adobe acrobat or adobe bridge
2. a macrovision protection system monitoring software.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You may get better help with this on the free Adobe User-to-User Support Forums where your exposure to other PSCS users is guaranteed.
http://www.adobe.com...rums/index.html

Edited by pip22, 01 November 2006 - 03:54 AM.