Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"bad image" error message

• Please log in to reply

pixiestix

pixiestix

• Pip
  • 1 posts
For the past few weeks, I have gotten an error message repeatedly which says ntlj32.exe and 'bad image' .Then it lists a .dll application extension file name, a different one each time. I deleted many, but every time the error message comes up another one of these files appears in the Windows folder. All these files say they were created in the past two months.

Running spybot and ad-aware did not help and the 'ntlj32' file does not seem to exist. The only programs that have been affected are Adobe Photo Deluxe and a couple of games.

Any ideas as to how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Do these error messages occur only when you open certain applications? Just image utility apps? Is there any specific error code given? I could only find one instance of "ntlj32.exe" using Google and it was removed in a HJT log.

If you think you may have malware causing this, please go here and follow the instructions given and if you need to post a Hijack This log, use the Malware Removal forum to post :

Read This Before Posting a Hijack This Log

Ron