Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC very slow, and crashes....

• Please log in to reply

Riddell

Riddell

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
and the past few re-starts its been showing a window after startup "MIRC" i close it becuae i dont know what it means....? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
what you can do is go to control panel..click add/remove programs and see if...mIRC 6.2 .

if it is remove it

its some sort of chat program that someone may have installed

come back here if there are problems

Riddell

Riddell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
also forgot to mention...."help32" keeps appearing after restart too.... keep you posted!

appreciate your help!!

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
if you feel that your computer has been comprimised with an infection

then should post a hijack log in the malware forum

Riddell

Riddell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Add/Removed "MIRC" and it appered again upon restart? i follwed the path in "windows" "system 32" and it still wouldnt let me delete? maybe that needs to be done in safemode?? dont know though?? just waiting for Kaspersky to finish full system scan, and then i will post log file from hijack this...thanks again!!

keep you posted!

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
open my computer.. c-drive..program files ..look for MIRC folder and delete it

check add/remove programs and see if its uninstalled from there

Riddell

Riddell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
hey again.....MIRC doesnt appear in my "c-drive" "program files".... and it still is showing up when i restart?

i have a log file from hijack this..ill post it in the proper location! thanks again for your help!

Riddell

Riddell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
http://www.geekstogo...ll-t136681.html

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
It sounds like you have an IRC bot on your computer. I'd take a look at your HiJack This log, but I"m about to go to bed. I have added it to my list of items to look at when I come back tomorrow.

In the meantime, from the description in one of your previous posts, I might now which bot it is.

Go to Start > Run and paste the following in C:\windows\system32\drivers\put.txt and press OK.

If a Notepad file opens up, paste the first few lines of the contents. If they match up with what I suspect, I can give you further instructions.

If it says that the file cannot be found, just let me know, and I'll take a look at the log if someone hasn't already responded.

-Ryan

Riddell

Riddell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hey Hey
I tried to run that path name and it said the file could not be found!

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Well, it was worth the shot. I have replied to your hijack this log.

-Ryan