Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Scareface crashes. Help would love to play.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

QBsFinest

QBsFinest

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok my specs I'm coying from the web, this is close to what I have if not exactly. Mobile Pentium 4 538 3.2GHz, with Hyper-Threading
PC2700 512MB DDR SDRAM (512x1)
Toshiba 80GB EIDE hard drive 4,200 RPM
Matsushita DVD-SuperMulti Drive: Max Speed - CD-ROM (24x); CD-R (16x write); CD-RW (8x write); DVD-ROM (8x); DVD-R (4x write); DVD-RW (2x write); DVD+R (2.4x write); DVD+RW (2.4x write); DVD-RAM (2x write)
ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 dedicated 64MB
17.0" WXGA TFT LCD display 1440 x 900 resolution
Integrated V.92/56K modem
Realtek 10/100 Ethernet LAN
Atheros SuperG 802.11b/g Wireless LAN
Harman/Kardon stereo speakers
Realtek ALC259 Sound Controller
5-in-1 Multimedia port supports Secure Digital, Memory Stick, MMC, xD Picture Card, Memory Stick Pro

Now my issue. I installed the game & direct X that it it said to install. I rebooted, & when I double click the icon of the game A black window pops up & on the top tool bar reads Scare face. I hear a Windows error sound but can't do anything until I hit Esc. Then a application error is there stating that Scareface exe. Application error. The instruction at <address> referenced memory at <address> could not be read. Click Ok to debug , click cancel to terminate. Or vesa versa. Any idea what's happening?

Advertisements

Mr. Green

Mr. Green

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
These are the stats required for the game and it seems your video card is not capable of playing this game. I could easly be wrong it has been a long day.

Operating System: Windows 2000/XP

Processor: DirectX® 9.0c-compatible sound card and speakers or headphones

Microsoft-compatible mouse and keyboard

Pentium 4 1.8 GHz or AMD equivalent

Video Card: DirectX® 9.0c-compatible video card (ATI® Radeon® 9200 or NVIDIA® GeForce® FX 5500 with 128 MB RAM) or higher

Disk Space: 2.9 GB of uncompressed hard drive space

CD Speed: 16x DVD-ROM

RAM: 256 MB RAM

QBsFinest

QBsFinest

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
OK installed it under admin. Same errors happen. I unistalled, reinsalled with appling crack, & didn't mount image. I burned ISO file to a dvd disc. Without the crack installed I got as far as it asking me now to insert disc. I insert disc, now it keeps telling I'm inserting wrong disc. What the...????

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Hey QBsFinest,

What do you mean by crack?

You might have to go to the Hardware Section for the CD/DVD problem.

Edited by Jazza, 03 November 2006 - 04:36 AM.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
We don't help with illegal copies of games/cracked games as per the terms of service for this site.

If you like the game and want to play the game, then buy the game!

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 31,673 posts
Quite true.

This topic is closed.
If you feel this was unjust PM one of the Moderators or Administrators.

Regards,