Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

script errors on certain pages

• Please log in to reply

tlen

tlen

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
:tazz: I had a terrible dr watson virus and with some great help here I was able to get rid of it however I think that I went a little crazy during the last fix-I removed/disabled all the things that I was told to do and I distinctly remember shutting off all banner ads but I cannot for the life of me remember where I did this. I tried to retrace my steps and for the life of me I can not figure out where I shut it off. I go into internet properties and I have all the show images, show pictures ect enabled. Now on certain sites not only are the banners not showing up but none of the pictures are showing saying that a sript error has been encountered., and where the pictures are supposed to be there is a little red x. Please any help would be appreciated. Thanks tlen

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Any chance you used Windows Power Toys are Tweak UI?

Also, Norton's security settings may affect viewing images as well as the privacy/security code settings in Win XP's firewall settings. Check these and see if there is a selection made to turn off images.

There's more, but maybe someone will come along with the exact steps as I do not use XP or Norton.

Ron

tlen

tlen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi I did not use the windows power toys tweak (I think). I definately will check the privacy security settings in the firewall that sounds like it may be the problem. thanks tlen