Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NEW PC CASE

• Please log in to reply

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
i currently ordered a aspire x-navigator with out the clear side panel.. and i decide to do some research before i take everything apart.. some questions i need to ask

1. How do u kno which screws or those standoffs to use?
2. is there some connector or something that connects to the power button for the case?
3. how do i even start taking everything apart from my motherboard?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
1) There are two types of screws: coarse and fine (that is to say, how thick the threads are on the bottom of the screw). You can usually tell when you've got the wrong one - Fine screws go far too easily into coarse holes and coarse screws won't go into fine holes without lots of effort.

As to the standoffs, use the ones that come with the case, they are usually coarse.

2) Yes, there are a whole bunch of connectors that go to the front lights, power button and reset button. In most cases you get separate cables that go to front USB, Firewire and Front Audio.

3) Unscrew any cards you have, take them out, pull everything off that is plugged into the board and take the board out. Do the same in reverse in the new case.