Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Running slow, on boot installer tries to run several times.

• Please log in to reply

countachmahal

countachmahal

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hi,

I have no idea what's going on. My computer is running very slowly. When I boot the computer up, and the Windows desktop comes up, an installer window pops up. it's just a plain grey window that has a cancel button, and the blue bar above says "AiO Installer." This comes up several times, and I cancel several times. Eventually, it stops popping up. Also, two semi-transparent icons appear on my desktop while I'm canceling the installer several times. They look identical, the plain generic icon of a page with a program window, and they have similar names, such as "vrehkty.t"
My antivirus software apparently got erased (the icon is in the tray, but when I double click to bring it up, an install window and then an error window pop up). The only security program I can run in normal mode is Ad-aware. In safe mode, I can also run ewido, but after a few minutes, the computer just shuts off. In normal mode, ewido and hijackthis will not run. Their windows come up, but they immediately disappear.

I am about to go nuts. Please help.

-Daniel

Edited by countachmahal, 01 November 2006 - 09:28 AM.

Advertisements