Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Websites timing out... I'm lost

• Please log in to reply

Kossuth

Kossuth

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So, everything seems to be working well... except for the fact that i can't load like a fourth of the websites that i normally can... sites such as microsoft.com, hotmail.com, my EQ2 guild's website... intoabyss.us, roxio.com, and dozens of others.

I did a full system scan, didn't find any malware... hijackthis log doesn't show anything out of the ordinary Did a system restore and tried 2 new web browsers, but problems still persist.

I'm not behind a firewall... use zonealarm, but the problem still occurs when i shut it down. I cna post a hijackthis log if you guys think it would be beneficial, but i don't think it's any kind of malware. Any help that you guys could provide would be most appreciated.

oh yeah.... by using an anonymizing site or some other proxy server, i can connect to those websites just fine.

Edited by Kossuth, 01 November 2006 - 09:35 AM.

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Hi there,

Since this is happening with more than one browser, try this.

Go to Start /Run /open=cmd. type in "ipconfig /flushdns" (no quotes) press Enter. you should get a message about sucessfully flushing the resolver cache. type in exit.

I generally disable th DNS Client service in Services(after flushing the cache) as most people don't need it and it can cause this issue.