Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with d/l of Nero 6 Clean Tool?

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got the programme on CD or do you download it?

Advertisements

newbie geek

newbie geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I have the OEM cd that came with my BenQ burner nero express 6, 6.3.1.23B, nero vision express 2.1.2.18B, nero showtime 1.5.0.39 and according to my notes this was updated to the most stable available version that came in 2 parts, 6.6.0.18.

Thankyou again.

BTW, I checked the Recycle Bin and see that the short cuts are in there but the OEM is still listed under programs. Thought I should mention that.

Edited by newbie geek, 01 November 2006 - 03:22 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Does it remove anything if you use start, control panel, add and remove?

newbie geek

newbie geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I've never tried it b/c the Nero Forum said not to do that or problems occur, that is why Nero has their Clean tool for each version 5, 6 etc.

This is the first time that I have ever wanted to remove the program and did not imagine such an issue to simply d/l the Clean Tool.

Thankyou again.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try add and remove

Then run tune up disc clean up and then tune up registry clean up

Try the clean tool

Check what is left of Nero

newbie geek

newbie geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I tried another go at the d/l that you sent me and it did rid the second run with it the Nero, however I used my Reg Supreme and I only use it on "normal" and do a backup and there is still 20+ entries of junk from Nero in my Registry and interesting seems to be attached to Bill P WinPatrol, which I had on this notebook about a year ago and it was supposed to have been removed.

The program is no longer in "my programs", however???? The Clean Tool did not do the job in the Registry as it is supposed to???

The Tools that you recommend to use, is there a backup for them??

BTW, after I rid of this program I thought that I would go back and try to d/l from the Nero site to see if the program was causing my inability to d/l but it still would not work.
In the nero forum the other users indicate that there is no issue for them to d/l???

This whole exercise is a frustrating one. Never seen such a nasty program.

More information if you have time for comments, thankyou so very much.

(Right now I am afraid to try to do a fresh install of my OEM) and then attempt to update it.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Are you able to download and save packages 1 and 2 here, also 3 if you use InCD and 4 if you use the media player

http://www.nero.com/...eng/nero-up.php

Tune Up will make back ups

newbie geek

newbie geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Thx for hanging in here Keith. I haven't posted earlier as I did a disc clean and a defrag so that takes time. I didn't do the tune up yet b/c I didn't know if it did a b/u or not as I could not access your post while doing the above.
I got rid of all the Temp files and I just tried to d/l packet 1 and it was a "no go ".

Do you think it could be my firewall? All I use is windows xp sp2 firewall as I have a SCM router and alpha shield hardware all required by management for use at home of my notebook.

There are still 20+ entries in my registry of Norton according to Reg Supreme Reg Cleaner. The fellow in the DVD Forum said to go into the registry and manually rid of them and I am no geek to do that I don't want to mess with my Registry.

I should say also, that I only use Packet 1 and 2 to update as 3 with INCd is supposed to be the worst addition to your computer and I never add that one in.

This whole thing is bizarro.

I use a program "Advanced System Optimizer"....Systweak which I have been happy with, however Nero seemed to be not loading at start up each time and so I removed it , that was during Nero on my notebook and even after Nero was uninstalled.

After I get the Nero reinstalled I will put it back on, as it is a good program. i simply don't know what to make of why the Nero site will not let me d/l anything. BTW, I do have my key ready if and when I get to do anything with Nero. The problem after I removed Nero is that the program would not work at all so I guess it got corrupted. I do have the cd for that program.

The same thing happened when I tried to d/l the package 1 that you inquired about in your last post, the green checkered boxes moved ever so slowly as if downloading, however my fourth green light on the computer was not "solid" green which means activity is going on; so I suspected that the error window would show up and it did.

I can reach the d/l page but simply cannot d/l????

And am no geek to understand that issue.
I have done other d/ls today and no problem.

Any ideas? should I try your tune up program next? Would it have conflicts with my Reg Supremed proggy on the desktop? obviously that program can't rid of the junk Nero left behind.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Run Tune Up

Is Nero the only site you are having trouble downloading from

newbie geek

newbie geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Thx again Keith, yes Nero is the only site that I am having problems with.

I plan on going to the Tune Up Link that you gave me and follow your instructions, as you mentioned that there is a backup.
I just wondered if there would be a backup in a Trial Version that is all b/c I know sometimes trial versions don't include the whole program and I don't want to clear out some needed registry entries as i am not a knowledgeable person.

BTW, like Reg Supreme which I now see is not that great a Reg Cleaner and when I purchased it from Macecraft it was rated high.
I have the setting on "normal" and not "deep" cleaning, as the latter I am not a pro and they recommend the normal setting for users such as myself.

Are there any settings on "Tune Up" that a person of my computer expertise should use.

If this Tune Up works well and is user friendly with printable instructions, even if they are in point form; I will likely switch as you indeed know your programs and your way around the www. world where I have been a self taught user for 2 years only and do a lot of reading and copying of instructions and keep a book strictly for my notebook, burner, scanner, printer and usb drives etc. Any item that I run into issues with and get the resolutions for, I should add in there software problems as well. Like this particular one.

BTW, very good reading and I printed out the article on Prefetch, how often should that be cleaned out?? I have always wondered what that stood for. Thankyou.

:whistling: Keith, you are a person of confidence and in the current know!!!

Edited by newbie geek, 02 November 2006 - 11:16 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
When you run tune up registry cleaner, it will detail any errors in each section, you can then click each for further details

Then you can either let it fix them, or make a note of the number of errors, close the programme without fixing, and post the details here so we can look at them

newbie geek

newbie geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I have never submitted a list of anything to a forum, I see that in many cases with Hi-Jack lists and wondered how they do it.
I presume I start a reply to this forum and minimize it and then do the tune up and high light and copy the list of errors and then re open my minimized "Geeks to Go" in the Task Bar and Paste it???
Sorry for such a mundane question, I simply have not had to do this before.

The Nero Forum suggested that I use the Registry Checker which will clean out the driver and then the second tool the registry checker confirms that the driver is cleaned out.
The site is:
My Webpage

Of course I can get to the site, but it will not d/l.

I take it from your last reply that there are no settings for a Noob like me to set so I should be safe by simply using the Tool.
Best Regards and thankyous.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you post the file names from Nero then I can get them

newbie geek

newbie geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
The member from Nero posted another site, this is it:

My Webpage

I hope that this one will work and it is Registry Checker and Clean Tool.

Thx again, and do you think I should do a Tune Up anyway before I use this tool, as the only way I will be able to see if the 20+ items are gone from my Registry is by using what was once I thought a reliable Registry Cleaner and that was my Reg Supreme from Macecraft. Just concerned about the safe settings on this Tune Up program but I gather I don't have to worry.

And my lack of knowledge about pasting the list to a reply in this forum. See my prior post. If I listed what i believe is the correct method.

Hi-lite all of the entries and copy and have a reply started in the Geeks to Go minimized in the Task Bar and open it up and Paste to there???
Never had to do this before.

Thx again :whistling: as I still feel >>>>> :blink:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
From Here

http://www5.spread-i...e9bbd9c0b9c0704

Instructions:

Download cleanpack.zip and extract the zipped files onto your hard disk using WinZip or WinRar. You should now have two files: Driver-CleanTool.exe and RegistryChecker.exe.

Run Driver-CleanTool.exe by double-clicking it. Driver CleanTool will remove all drivers and registry entries.
Confirm the deactivation of the drivers displayed in order to prevent known driver conflicts from reoccurring in the future. These drivers also exist with values in the Windows NT, 2000 and XP registries.
In order to confirm that these drivers are deactivated, you will need to run the RegistryChecker file.