Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with d/l of Nero 6 Clean Tool?

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If Nero is the only problem programme, fly to Barbados, find an internet cafe, download and save the version of Nero you want to disc, install it on your PC

Maybe ask a neighbour to download and save it if you cannot fit Barbados in

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I can get 6.6.1.4 from Nero and upload it the same as before if you like

newbie geek

newbie geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Keith, perhaps you did not understand but I got the d/l from another forum for Nero version 6.6.0.18 and saved it to my desk top and installed it and burned 2 backup dvd's. It works great and I am ecstatic to have the version as it is the only bug free one that does a good job with Shrink.

The 6.6.0.18 is the better version, it is the SECOND last version, the one you suggested uploading is the Version that won't work with DVD Shrink and that is why I wanted this older version.

:whistling: Why do you make all these prior comments in these posts I don't understand as I said earlier that I was successful, both our software techie and I in getting a d/l of this particular version from another Forum as Nero's D/L site would not allow us to d/l this version.

You may like Barbados, I have been there TWO times too many and frankly don't like the environment and I can think of better places to go should I have had to migrate to get the D/L..... :blink: :help: :)

I hope that you understand this as I am repeating myself.
I have the version that I have been unsuccessfully trying to d/l from Nero, and acquired it via another Forum.

Best Regards and cheers. :rofl:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you have a version of Nero you are happy with, and it is the only site you have a problem downloading from, then there isn't much to do here

newbie geek

newbie geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I agree, I don't understand why Nero will not d/l and it has me registered and the serial number of my OEM Suite cd which came with my BenQ unit and according to the Nero Forums there should be no issue.

There is a Log In at that site and I have tried it at Both USA sites and it takes me to the latest version of .4 which is the one that has Errors with DVD Shrink and so maybe Nero simply does not want a member to back D/L a prior program.
They want you to be stuck with the last version, .4 of the Full Version 6 and then forced to purchase the New Version 7 which I understand Corrects the Error that occurs with .4

I understand from Users that the 6.6.0.18, the versio prior to .4 is the most stable version and I was warned not to purchase the Version 7 as it is still buggy and has some issues with other programs.

Do you use Nero? As I do find it interesting that you can Upload a Zip for Packages 1 and 2 and 5 the player. I don't use InCd.

Thx for the advice and the better half says jokingly, the recommended holiday in Barbados which was a 2 time mistake. Once for business reasons and a revisit for the better half to see it on a holiday.

Cheers!!!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
When I go to the Nero site it wants to install a quicktime add in??

As you have the version you need, and there won't be a reason to update it, stick with it, just make sure you save the files needed to install it to a CDR in case you need them

I have Nero 7 but different versions work better than others