Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My wireless USB adapter shuts off automatically then my system freezes

• Please log in to reply

JordanJP

JordanJP

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello all,

This is my first post here in the geekstogo forums :whistling:

Basically this is my problem...... I've got a wireless network at home and I've got my desktop PC running windows XP.... I connect to the Internet via wireless I've got a DWL-G122 Wireless USB adapter connected to my PC.... http://support.dlink...?...L-G122_revC and I find that after a little while being connected, the adapter will automatically shut off the my system will freeze..... It did this several times in the last few months or so......

I checked the event log in windows and this is what it tells me : The NTPort Library Driver service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

I know as a fact that I've got the latest drivers installed on my adapter as well as my modem/router......

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

regards

JordanJP

P.S. This only seems to happen while I'm in the middle of a download........

Advertisements

JordanJP

JordanJP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I also forgot to mention that yesterday evening for example, I was downloading a large file when all of a sudden the adapter turned off unexpectedly them my system froze....I had to reboot using hte power button.....and like I said, this isn't the first time this happened......

JordanJP

JordanJP

JordanJP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello ? I need help...... :whistling:

regards
Jordan :blink:

JordanJP

JordanJP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello ? I need help...... :whistling:

regards
Jordan :blink:

JordanJP

JordanJP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
what does NTPort Library Driver service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified..... mean?

JordanJP

JordanJP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello ! I need advice I thought this was supposed to be a community where people help each other ?

OSC

OSC

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 301 posts
Hi JordanJP,

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the software/driver for this device.

Also, try plugging that device into a different USB port on your computer and see if that makes a difference.

If that doesn't work, I would go pick up another USB wireless adapter. They have been known to not last very long and whenever people have problems with them, it's easier and cheaper to pick up another one.

Edited by OSC, 03 November 2006 - 08:53 PM.