Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

• Please log in to reply

DOM1

DOM1

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hello,

I have been experiencing the BSOD with the message 'IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL', ever since I installed my ADSL Broadband router. It only seems to happen when I have been on the internet for a while and when I close Internet Explorer. I am sure it must be a bad driver or a memory problem.

Would greatly appreciate any help.

Regards

DOM

Advertisements

BlueScreen-Bertrand

BlueScreen-Bertrand

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi,

can you name us some technical data of your router, or better:
could you post a link to the manufacturer's website?

Edited by BlueScreen-Bertrand, 01 November 2006 - 06:54 PM.

DOM1

DOM1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hello,

It is a BT Voyager 220V ADSL Voice Router. I am also getting a message saying 'Attempt to write to read only memory' on a blue screen after loading a file.

Regards

DOM

Edited by DOM1, 01 November 2006 - 09:19 PM.

BlueScreen-Bertrand

BlueScreen-Bertrand

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I don't think that these problems are caused by the router. This is typical for built-in components.

The router is connected to the pc via USB; could you find out if there are problems with other usb-devices (memory sticks, hard disks, ...).

Run the BIOS setup of your computer and go to "Advanced" (or "Onboard Devices")
Check if all functions for usb are enabled (e. g. legacy support).

DOM1

DOM1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hello,

I am connecting via ethernet and not USB. Although I did connect via USB when I first installed it.

DOM1

BlueScreen-Bertrand

BlueScreen-Bertrand

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
As I already said, IRQ-errors only occur if there are conflicts with built-in devices; as your router is connected via ethernet, ist must be a problem with your ethernetadapter.

You should check update the network drivers (see: start, run, enter "devmgmt.msc") => right click the network adapter and select "update driver", then try to download the new driver from Microsoft Update.

If no driver can be found and you know the name of your network adapter, you can search the manufacturer's website for it.

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If it's a driver issue the error would normally read "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". having said that, would be as well to make sure the USB driver for the router is removed/uninstalled if you're now using a NIC connection.

Apart from that, since there's no reference to 'driver' in the error string, my guess is bad or incompatible RAM.

BlueScreen-Bertrand

BlueScreen-Bertrand

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

If it's a driver issue the error would normally read "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL".

Yep.

Apart from that, since there's no reference to 'driver' in the error string, my guess is bad or incompatible RAM.

Check the RAM: http://www.memtest86.com/

DOM1

DOM1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hello,

I have updated my network drivers, but I have just got the following message 'PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA' with a long stop message, whilst downloading a large file. I think I have bad ram. I am thinking of getting some new ram. Is this likely to solve the problem.

Regards

DOM