Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help- Piece stuck in my headphone jack

• Please log in to reply

flarewing

flarewing

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So I have been using an A/V cable to connect my speaker system to my laptop (it's really an iPod cable, with A/V on one end and a 3.5mm headphone plug on the other). But somehow the headphone plug broke off, leaving the end piece of it still inside my headphone jack on my laptop.

Any ideas on how to get it out? I can't think of anything good.

Please help, thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Joshy J

Joshy J

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hehe. Ive never heard of this before. I guess you could try using a saftey pin or paper clip to try and pry it free. Dont force it though. You might need to see a techie about this.
Cant think of anything else.

Soul Of Cerberus

Soul Of Cerberus

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
You could get a small philips screwdriver or an allen wrench or something like that put some hot glue on the tool then try sticking it to the earphone piece let it set for a sec then pull it out if not then try super glue or stick with the hot glue because it sits fast just try different tools like a pencil or something maybe another earphone jack end put some glue stick it inside wait then pull it out..