Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Limited or no connectivity

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Ari3s

Ari3s

• Pip
  • 4 posts
This icon keeps poping up on the task bar. I have gone through the steps to fix it like it was from the SP2, as a bug. That didn't work, so I'm not sure what to do. What information do you need me to provide further?

Advertisements

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Hello Ari3s and welcome to G2G,

to make the icon go away..... follow this:

1. Click on Start
2. Click on Run
3. Type in: ncpa.cpl and hit the ok buton
4. When the network connections window launches right click on your form of connection
5. Select Properties
6. Under General tab at the Bottom remove the check in the box for "Notify me when this connection has Limited or no connectivity"
9. Press the ok button
10. Repeat steps 4, 5, and 6 for any other forms of connections in the network connections window as well.

Ari3s

Ari3s

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
That stopped the icon, but the compuer still has limited connection to the internet.
For example: If I try and run, say limewire, it says it has no or limited connection to the internet.
I can, however, run Avant.

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Sorry I cannot assist you in troubleshooting any Limewaire issues as it is a P2P software that is in conflict with the G2G terms of service. Before we troubleshoot your connection issues any further please follow this link to make sure that you do not have any infections from the P2P software installed on your System.