Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Flipping Open Applications

• Please log in to reply

joins

joins

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Please help. I have Windows XP operating system. Today, the system has started acting strange. when i have a couple of programs open, like the internet and any other application, for no reason the other minimized application opens up then minimizes again, etc. [u]when i click on "start" it opens up but then disappears before i can click on a program/application to open. the problem has continued after i performed a system restore. the only thing i did yesterday was update MS Internet Explorer 7 and Updated MS Beta Office 2007. I can't work continuosly on anything if another application is also running. Whats wrong? In my line of work, I have to have at least 3 applications open a one time.
thanks.
Joins

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts

the only thing i did yesterday was update MS Internet Explorer 7 and Updated MS Beta Office 2007

The first thing I would try is rolling back the updates, and see if the problem continues.

Magosis

Magosis

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 190 posts
sounds a bit like the WGA software lock

click here for more