Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Handling attachments

• Please log in to reply

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
As I have just about reached my limit for attachments and would like to post some more, if I go into My Controls to Handling Attachments and delete some of the older ones does that mean that my posts will remain and that the photos relating to them will no longer be there? :whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Yes

If any are essential to a post then you could look at using imageshack or similar to host the image

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Thank you kind sir for your swift and informative advice. :whistling:

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
If it's an older post, you might decide to reduce the size of the picture and still retain the info, but gain a little extra space. If something is really important- like if you prepared tutorials that need the included screenshots for meaningful explanation, send a PM to Admin and ask that your limit be bumped up. Admin will evaluate whether or not the request is feasible, and adjust accordingly.
Johanna

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Thank you Johanna for your advice. No, they're not for tutorials or anything of the like, they are all in the "Off Topic" Forums, hopefully providing some comic relief or general interest for those passing by. I didn't want to delete some of them because I think they're funny/interesting and I know new people come in to check out what's been going on and look over old posts. Had a quick look at imageshack and when I get some time I may see if I can host some through there. As well, I will have a look, as you suggested, at reducing some. Thanks again. :whistling:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I would recommend that you look into off-site hosting. There are a number of good options. AllYouCanUpload is a fairly new alternative with no limits, and not even registration required. It's from the c|net folks.

We're on the generous side when it comes to attachment limits for members. However, with close to 200,000 members we do have to have limits. We also are not able to make adjustments on a case-by-case basis, it's a global setting. Thanks for your understanding.